The group has a number of ongoing projects, some one-off’s and some repetitive. Current Projects include :
- Bi-Annual Planting (Summer / Winter Plant Change Over) see Gardening Group
- May 2023 – The group has started the refurbishment of our wooden planters which are available to sponsor (see Sponsorship) either by replacing then them with recycled plastic ones (adding to our aims of sustainability) and by repainting those that are still serviceable.
- 30/04/23 The group raised the Union Jack and decorated the Station with bunting to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles
- 21/10/22 Thanks to Lucy Zodion for providing a second Water Butt to help water the plants
- 04/08/22 Repainting of the groups storage container
- 31/05/22 The group raised the Union Jack and decorated the Station with bunting to celebrate the Queens Platinum Jubilee
- 30/05/22 Enhancement of the path in the Brontë Garden
The group has also completed the re-varnishing of the benches in the Brontë Garden and a makeover of Mavis the Train Planter
Previous Projects include
Station Information Boards
The Friends of Sowerby Bridge Railway Station have researched and produced information boards on people and events that have connections with Sowerby Bridge. These are displayed on the Leeds platform, the Manchester platform and in the Brontë Garden. Hopefully station users will find them of interest whilst they wait for their trains.