Aims & Objectives
To promote practical environmental works, especially by volunteers, for the benefit of the community and train passengers;
- To publicise and raise awareness of the benefits of ‘green transport plans’, the train, and attractions of the station area and its environs to increase station ‘footfall’;
- To encourage community involvement and ownership, particularly by young people and schools, in conservation, environmental and associated education, art works, poetry, competition etc. at the station and its environs;
- To encourage local businesses to improve their own properties and in sponsoring environmental enhancement of the station area;
- To campaign for improved infrastructure facilities and services;
- To work in partnership with all stakeholders to achieve these aims.
To fulfil these aims the group will:
a) Undertake practical environmental conservation, recycling works and other activities as it sees fit.
b) Encourage partnerships with other like-minded groups to undertake such works.
c) Raise money/funding when necessary, including by means of awards, grants and sponsorship, for carrying out the aims of the group.
d) Publicise the activities and achievement